I found eleven to be an extremely powerful short film. I actually got goosebumps at the end. It felt like a true story. It wasn’t though right? After the tragic events of 9/11, fear was set into many people. This fear was turned into hate. Where would the hate be directed towards?
There are ignorant people in the world that will stereotype one group of people thinking that they are all the same. The fact is that many people in the muslim community were have been in America for such a long time and were saddened just as much as the next person by the attacks on 9/11.
Another interesting theme to the film is stereotyping people just by the way they look. Just because the first guy wearing murdered wore a turban, he was thought to be Muslim. People need to do research and learn about all types of people there are. I am Filipino but people have called me Chinese before. I do not get offended, but I do try to educate them. Filipinos are very different from Chinese people just like Malik Shareef was different from Muslims.
Friday, April 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment